This month was very busy at work so I was not able to put as much effort into reducing my waste as I would have liked. I’m sure many of you have the same experience. Don’t feel bad though, because you may be surprised at what you are already accomplishing.
- I reused fabric from hemming a pair of capris to make pouches. I talked about making my own belt with pouches and how I was able to use up this otherwise wasted fabric. Fabric can be recycled in many areas, but reuse is a better option.
- I found a website where one can donate books to soldiers overseas instead of donating to already overburdened resale stores. Books for Soldiers is a basic interface but seems legitimate.
- I went shopping for “new” clothes at Goodwill.
- I did some mending on shirts so they could stay in service.
- I brought plates and silverware to work for eating my meals instead of relying on single-use plastic and paper.