Well, you all know that moving and the aftermath was not a frugal time for me. Since we have come to the end of May, I am combining my frugal and zero waste things for the month into one list.
- I started working out again and have spent zero dollars on gym memberships.
- I took my own mason jar of water for water on the go while working out.
- I cooked large batches of food to last most of the week for lunch and dinner both this week and the week before. I do this sunday night. Friday lunch is tricky since I haven’t got a routine down for cooking mid-week. I don’t eat leftovers after 4 days unless they’ve been frozen.
- I bring dishes to work for eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner when necessary. This prevents single-use plastic silverware and excessive paper towel usage.
- I am reusing the cut off sections from hemming capris to make small pouches. I’ve already made a belt from a length of black woven strap that I picked up free somewhere and hardware I got with 50% off coupons. The plan is to hang the pouches from the belt with clips so I can move them around and change the configuration. The attachment hardware will be the next puzzle to figure out.
What are the little victories in your life?